The Colorado Green Building Guild is a non-profit trade organization representing a wide range of green building leaders.
Board Nominations Now Being Accepted!
Do you know anyone who would be a great addition to the Colorado Green Building Guild Board of Directors? Please let us know, as we are currently accepting nominations for open board seats. If you are interested or you know someone you would like to nominate, consider what unique qualifications you or they could bring to the board and why you/they would be interested in running.
There are up to three seats open on the Colorado Green Building Guild Board of Directors. Seats on the board are filled for two-year terms starting in February.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Participation in member/sponsor recruitment/renewal efforts.
- Commitment to secure at least $1,500 annually in either membership/sponsorship revenue or other approved organizational support. (Half due by August 31).
- Attendance at monthly board meetings (may be on phone) at 10 or more meetings per year.
Completion of on-line board proxy (found on the guild website when you are logged in) at least 4 hours prior to a board meeting if a board meeting cannot be attended.
Attendance at the first Board meeting in February which may be an extra hour long to support a transition from old members to new.
- Attendance at 1-2 full day retreats per year.
- Active participation on at least one Guild committee.
Willingness to follow through on committee activities.
- Ensure committee work is in line with and supportive of the Guild mission, including that the committee work reflects board/organizational priorities and is properly resourced. Report committee updates during board meetings.
- Attend at a minimum of 4 Guild events a year, including brown bags, happy hours, and similar.
- Utilize professional and personal networks to increase Guild presence and participation.
- Utilize social media and other means to promote the Guild and Guild events.
If you are interested in serving on the board, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by January 31st to express your interest. Please include a bio and a statement on what unique qualifications you or they could bring to the board and why you/they would be interested in running. The nominee will also be asked to give a brief talk about themselves at our Annual Meeting on the evening of February 17th.
Colorado Green Building Foundation
You can support green building and sustainable communities in Colorado with a tax-deductible donation to the Colorado Green Building Guild Foundation. The Foundation is the 501(c)(3) arm of the Colorado Green Building Guild.
The Colorado Green Building Guild Foundation was established specifically to support educational efforts in support of green building and sustainable communities. Your contribution will help make Colorado's homes and businesses healthier and more sustainable.
In 2014 we will continue to strive to ensure the widespread adoption of sustainable practices to increase the efficient use of resources, create healthier buildings, and support vibrant, sustainable communities. We will also be continuing the expansion of our efforts outside of our Boulder County home base to serve more of Colorado. Finally, building upon our longstanding tradition of providing educational opportunities for green building professionals, we will be expanding our educational offerings for those members of the community seeking to improve their homes and businesses.
Please support the Colorado Green Building Guild Foundation with a tax-deductible donation today.
Click Here to Support Green Building.
Limited Time Offer for the First Ten Applicants
The Guild is 10 years old this year and we are starting the celebration by recognizing our members who make a difference in the marketplace everyday.
Non Members, Sign up Now And Get a 10 Year Membership for $1,000
(Members, log into your profile and click on Membership Info)
Spaces Taken: 8 of 10