The Colorado Green Building Guild is a non-profit trade organization representing a wide range of green building leaders.
Thank you to Alpen for hosting and sponsoring a great Holiday gathering for us!
Board and President Nominations
2017 is upon us, and we are recruiting new talent to fill vacant board positions for president and board members for the 2017-2019 terms.
Now is the time to become active in the Guild; make a difference in the building industry and in your community.
The Colorado Green Building Guild is looking for board members that are:
Committed to promoting green building and new technologies
- Well connected and willing to share information
- Strategically minded with valuable insight
- Dedicated to driving or helping committees with projects
- Self confident and enthusiastic
Guild Board Positions-five seats open
Board Member Brief Roles and Responsibilities:
- Attend quarterly in-person meetings and call in for monthly board meetings
- Participate in at least one Guild committee
- Attend at least four Guild events per year
- Promote the Guild and events
- Participate in member/sponsor recruitment/renewal and fundraising events
- Two year term
Brief Roles and Responsibilities:
- Must have been a prior CGBG Board and have served 10 months minimum to be eligible
- Organize and attend quarterly in-person boards meetings and call in for monthly board meetings
- Represent the Guild and maintain relationships with outside agencies
- Executive Committee role-provide leadership on direction and priorities
- Promote and attend Guild events
- Manage the membership/sponsorship committee and assist in fundraising
- Speaker engagements (e.g. at Annual meeting, happy hours, and other receptions)
- Two year term
If you are interested in nominating yourself or someone else please send your nomination to firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday, January 27th, 2017.
Include a brief bio and reason why you want the position or why you are nominating someone else. Please join us at the The Guild's Annual Meeting in Early February to present your nominations. President and Board Positions will be voted on by the current CGBG board at the February board meeting and all will be notified thereafter.
2015 CGBG Award Recipients:
Congratulations to our 2015 Pioneer Award recipient, Alpen High Performance Products
Congratulations to our 2015 Leadership Initiative Award recipient, Ambra Sutherlin!
Colorado Green Building Foundation
You can support green building and sustainable communities in Colorado with a tax-deductible donation to the Colorado Green Building Guild Foundation. The Foundation is the 501(c)(3) arm of the Colorado Green Building Guild.
The Colorado Green Building Guild Foundation was established specifically to support educational efforts in support of green building and sustainable communities. Your contribution will help make Colorado's homes and businesses healthier and more sustainable.
In 2014 we will continue to strive to ensure the widespread adoption of sustainable practices to increase the efficient use of resources, create healthier buildings, and support vibrant, sustainable communities. We will also be continuing the expansion of our efforts outside of our Boulder County home base to serve more of Colorado. Finally, building upon our longstanding tradition of providing educational opportunities for green building professionals, we will be expanding our educational offerings for those members of the community seeking to improve their homes and businesses.
Please support the Colorado Green Building Guild Foundation with a tax-deductible donation today.
Click Here to Support Green Building.