BOARD OF DIRECTORS NOMINATIONS
Do you know someone who would be a great addition to the Colorado Green Building Guild Board of Directors? Please let us know, as we are currently accepting nominations for open board seats. If you are interested or you know someone you would like to nominate, consider what unique qualifications you or they could bring to the board and why you/they would be interested in running.
There are four seats open on the Colorado Green Building Guild Board of Directors. Seats on the board are filled for two-year terms starting in February.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Participation in member/sponsor recruitment/renewal efforts.
• Commitment to secure at least $1,500 annually in either membership/sponsorship revenue or other approved organizational support. (Half due by August 31)
• Attendance at monthly board meetings (may be on phone) at 10 or more meetings per year.
• Completion of on-line board proxy (found on the guild website when you are logged in) at least 4 hours prior to a board meeting if a board meeting cannot be attended.
• Attendance at the first Board meeting in February which may be an extra hour long to support a transition from old members to new.
• Attendance at 1-2 full day retreats per year.
• Active participation on at least one Guild committee.
• Willingness to follow through on committee activities.
• Ensure committee work is in line with and supportive of the Guild mission, including that the committee work reflects board/organizational priorities and is properly resourced. Report committee updates during board meetings.
• Attend at a minimum of 4 Guild events a year, including brown bags, happy hours, and similar.
Promotion of the Guild:
• Utilize professional and personal networks to increase Guild presence and participation.
• Utilize social media and other means to promote the Guild and Guild events.
If you are interested in serving on the board, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by January 21st to express your interest. Please include a bio and a statement on what unique qualifications you or they could bring to the board and why you/they would be interested in running.