Local Financing Programs
ClimateSmart Loan Program For Boulder County Commercial and institutional properties including non-profits, apartment buildings, small manufacturing facilities and multifamily, low-income and/or elderly housing complexes are all eligible for the commercial ClimateSmart Loan Program. Commercial property owners choose a set of energy efficiency and renewable energy measures from the eligible measures list (pdf) and apply for a minimum $3,000 and up to a maximum of $210,000 loan to fund the improvement. Each property owner who receives financing through the program will be responsible for repaying the loan via a special assessment on the improved property. (Because the federal housing agencies’ actions do not impact commercial property improvements and financing.)
Energy Efficiency and Renewables for Boulder County and City and County of Denver Boulder County in collaboration with Elevations Credit Union and City
and County of Denver will be offering low interest energy efficiency and
renewable energy loans beginning spring/summer of 2012. These loans
can be made towards eligible energy efficiency and renewable energy
measures improvements to homes and businesses participating in the
EnergySmart or Denver Energy Challenge Programs. Check back for more information.
|US Bank is providing financing to reduce carbon footprints. US Bank has a great opportunity for CGBG members to finance commercial energy retrofits. With 48 hour underwriting, 7 day funding and 5 year terms, this financing option is perfect for customers looking to have their energy savings make their financing payments. Whether a contractor or a business owner, put US Bank's financing programs to work for you. Download a flyer here|
Small Business Administration Guaranteed Loans
The "Small Business Jobs Act of 2010" passed the Congress and was signed into law by the President on September 27th 2010. Contact a lending institution for more information. This new bill contains a myriad of changes to the SBA programs, including:
- a permanent increase in the maximum loan amounts on the SBA 7(a) and regular 504 loan programs to $5 million (and $5.5 million on the 504 program for manufacturers or businesses meeting critical "green" goals)
How to qualify:
- Build a new facility (or renovate an older building) and make it 10% more energy efficient *
- Use (produce) renewable or alternative energy on site for use in your business (i.e. solar power)
- Produce renewable energy or renewable fuels for others - or for sale to the local utility.
- Incorporate Sustainable Design in the construction or renovation of a building you own or are about to purchase.