The 2015-16 DSM Plan went into effect September 1, 2015. There are some changes to Xcel Energy’s residential and business programs.
Residential rebate program changes:
- Heating: Natural gas boilers no longer qualify for rebates. Furnace bonus rebates (an extra $120) may extend into December.
- Insulation and Air Sealing: Rebates have increased to 30% of the job cost, up to $500. This is an increase from the previous 20% of the job cost, up to $300.
- AC/ASHP: 14 SEER units no longer qualify the customer for any rebate. 14.5 SEER is the new minimum. 15 SEER and 16 SEER rebates remain the same. There is a new high tier (17 SEER, 13 EER) rebate, $650 for new equipment. The $500 trade-in (maximum 12 SEER efficiency) is still available.
- Evaporative Cooling: Rebate amounts were raised June 1, 2015.
- Home Energy Squad: New program provides customers with on-the-spot home improvements and instant energy savings for a $75 trip charge.
Please visit www.xcelenergy.com/rebates for more information, or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Business rebate program changes:
- Small Business Lighting: LED lamps direct-installed during on-site lighting assessment for customers 100 kW annual demand and below.
- Data Center Efficiency: EC Plug Fans: Rebates range from $700 to $1200 depending on new construction and retrofit applications. Plate and Frame Heat Exchangers: Rebates range from up to $400/ton based on wet bulb onset temp.
- Compressed Air: HP reduction rebate: The combined HP of the system must be lower after the installation of the new VFD unit. HP reduction baseline unit may be greater than or equal to 50HP, but HP reduction cannot exceed 20HP.
- Process Efficiency: Introducing expansion of the process efficiency product to include mid-tier industrial customers with a minimum annual consumption of 2GWh.
- Cooling Efficiency: Equipment rebated through distributors only.
- Motors – Drives: Motor rebates have decreased and will only be available for new motors that are at least 1 full percentage point ABOVE NEMA Efficiency Standards. Drive rebate stay the same except for 1.0, 1.5, and 2.0 HP which have dropped $100.
Please visit www.xcelenergy.com/rebates for more information, or email email@example.com with any questions.