FREE SmartRegs Energy Inspector Training/Certification (Rescheduled)
Friday, September 14, 2012
8:30am - 4:30pm
Alfalfa's Community Room
1651 Broadway St
Boulder, Colorado 80302
The City of Boulder is offering trainings on the technical aspects of the SmartRegs prescriptive pathway for professionals interested in providing inspections.
This training is required for city certification and the Class G license needed to complete these inspections.
**Lunch will not be included, please plan accordingly
A SmartRegs Inspector Exam (lasting 1 hour) will be administered at the conclusion of the SmartRegs Inspector Training, beginning at 3:30pm. The exam will cover critical material in the SmartRegs Technical User’s Guide and Inspector Training. Building science principles will also be covered in the exam; inspectors not familiar with these principles are encouraged to study building science basics prior to attending this training.
Staff from Populus Sustainable Design will conduct the training. The training will include:
- Overview of approach and implementation;
- Detailed description of how to perform assessment of existing conditions using SmartRegs prescriptive checklist;
- Address issues of rounding and building conditions that fall in-between checklist’s prescriptive options;
- Guidelines and best practices for determining baseline conditions (for example, wall insulation, Furnace efficiency);
- Guidelines for performance of blower door air infiltration testing and duct leakage testing;
- Prioritization of improvement measures and how to use checklist decision-making tool; resources for energy efficiency information;
- Overview of likely energy efficiency improvement measures and best practices for achieving measurable results; and
- Overview of health and safety building science issues, including carbon monoxide testing, adequate combustion air supply, soil gases, ventilation and moisture best practices.
To obtain a Class G license, inspectors must have one of the following in addition to passing the SmartRegs exam:
New licensed contractors will be required to:
- Complete a City of Boulder Contractor Licensing Application.
- Provide a copy of A, B or C Contractors certificate issued by the International Code Council (ICC).
- Provide a current copy of a 'Certificate of Insurance' as required by BRC 4-1-8. City of Boulder as 'Certificate Holder' and 'Additional Insured.'
- Pay the annual licensing fees as required by BRC 4-20-4.
- D-9 contractors must provide one of the following:
- ICC or ICBO certification, RESNET certification, ASHI registration, A, B or C city contractor license, Architect or Engineer registration.
If already licensed with the City of Boulder:
- Provide a copy of current City of Boulder license certificate.
- Pay the Class G license fee: $15
« Go to Upcoming Event List